1. Our brains create dreams through random electrical activity. About every 90 minutes, the brain stem sends electrical impulses and the analytic portion of the brain tries to make sense of these signals.
2. Some dreams are meaningful as they give us insight into ourselves. Dreams help us connect to our unconscious mind and make sense of our wishes and fears. Dreams help us make sense of our past, present and future by getting us in tune with our emotions.
3. Even though we can dream at any time of our sleep, we are most likely to dream during REM sleep.
4. We can sometimes control our dream through what is called ‘lucid dreaming.’ Some people can train themselves to do this such as keeping a journal of their dreams and mind training.
5. Some researchers believe that lucid dream helps us cope with grief and developing creativity.
6. Despite our attractive it may be to develop lucid dreaming, it can cause sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is when you are awake, but your body is still not able to move. Sleep paralysis is sometimes developed from trying to lucid dream, because we teetering on the edge between wakefulness and dreaming.
7. Lucid dreaming is not the same as out of body experience (OBE). In lucid dreaming, one is dreaming and is aware that one is in a dream. But in OBE, the person may not necessarily be dreaming. Furthermore, OBE is when you are outside your body and you can see your body lying somewhere (lucid dreaming isn’t about being outside your body).
8. As mention earlier, most of our dreams occur during deep sleep. This is often during the REM stage of sleep, where our brain most resemble wakefulness.
9. During our dreams, information from the day are being transferred from short to long term memory.
Posted on Saturday, 13 October
Reblogged from: shampainwishes
Posted by: psych-facts
- yellowbeads reblogged this from psych-facts
- eternalbeliever12 likes this
- wiz-domekeeper reblogged this from psych-facts
- nakaguronuno likes this
- lostsoulhhrlove reblogged this from psych-facts
- theycallmeterri likes this
- ifimdreamingdontwakemeup likes this
- ignatio-shade likes this
- a-true-noble reblogged this from psych-facts
- abby-cain likes this
- gastritico likes this
- between-caffeine-andnicotine likes this
- eftwendogg likes this
- the-perks-of-being-caitlin likes this
- abbyemyers11 reblogged this from psych-facts
- theogonic-symphonic-tragedy reblogged this from psych-facts
- loafingdragon reblogged this from psych-facts
- maryoanna likes this
- jennmuah likes this
- bey0ndmywildestdreams likes this
- august-21st likes this
- ca-re-fr-e3 likes this
- thealto-nator likes this
- danielleg1405 reblogged this from psych-facts
- bobsmith1243 likes this
- throughgalaxies likes this
- ari-nsominiac likes this
- anna-gram4u likes this
- b0mb-shelll likes this
- nateclean likes this
- do-yourealize likes this
- do-yourealize reblogged this from psych-facts
- t-dubbz likes this
- aloibaf likes this
- jaannneet likes this
- baileylouise420 likes this
- lyssalootumblr-com likes this
- dddddddeeeeeee likes this
- xoxodestxo reblogged this from psych-facts
- dualnatured likes this
- baby-you-drive-me-crazy reblogged this from psych-facts
- dianasters likes this
- wilderebellion likes this
- fan0012 likes this
- welcometothecrazylifeicallmine likes this
- guerrera221 likes this
- theogonic-symphonic-tragedy likes this
- theliljoysinlife reblogged this from psych-facts
- mikeakiko likes this
- sensosnipper likes this